You can’t stop your dog from having fun in the dirt! Also, their muddy adventures often end with footprints and bacteria all over the house.
Although it looks like an easy job, cleaning your dog’s paws requires time, dedication, and, most importantly, a useful tool. But how would you know which dog paw washer is the best for your dog?
The list below will review some of the most popular tools for dog paw cleaning and their features. Check it out!
Evaluation Criteria for Choosing a Dog Paw Washer
With so many products on the market today, what do you look for when choosing the right one? Here’s what we consider essential:
- Effectiveness — The product’s mechanism must be good enough to clean any dirt underneath your dog’s paws.
- Bristle material — Silicone multi-layered bristles that give a pleasant and massaging sensation are the best for your pet.
- Ease of Use — The manual or automatic dog paw washer should easily remove dirt, salt, mud, and bacteria from the paws. Also, some products have a 2in1 design — such as a paw washer and a bathing brush.
- Cleaning and Maintenance — The product should be easy to clean and have a practical design. We aim to choose long-lasting products that will be functional for many years.
- Customer Reviews — Positive or negative feedback from dog owners is crucial when rating product quality.
We considered all of these characteristics to help you decide on the top paw washing product.
A silicone cup with gentle bristles is a perfect fit for every dog’s paws. Without making a slippery mess, it can easily remove any dirt using just water. The Dexas MudBuster comes in three sizes and six colors.
The portable dog paw washer from Dexas company is a real game-changer in grooming your pet. It’s available in three sizes and six colors. The small-sized MudBuster is perfect for small breeds.
The washer is made from silicone, and its simple design looks like a high-quality product, as it truly is. Also, the Dexas MudBuster has several layers of thick yet gentle bristles, so you don’t have to worry about your dog experiencing pain.
This paw cleaner perfectly removes mud and dirt from your pet’s paws, making it an easy routine. You can even forget about spilling dirty water on the carpet as some sizes come with a plastic lid.
The Dexas MudBuster device is sturdy and easy to use, so you can wash your dog’s paws anywhere, anytime. Put some water inside, insert the dirty paw, twist the gadget, and dry out. One down, three more to go!
It’s a low-maintenance product. Just rinse it with warm water and keep it away until the next muddy adventure.
- BPA-free, silicone-made
- 4.3 x 3.65 x 3.65 inches; 6.74 Ounces
- Patented design
- Portable and easy to use
- Comes in blue, green, fuchsia, light grey, pro blue, and pink
- Silicone bristles provide a gentle sensation
- Quick and easy to use
- Gets rid of the most stubborn dirt between the toes
- More expensive than other brands
Why we choose this product: It’s a perfect fit for hyperactive dogs. The cleaner is so quick and easy to use that your dog won’t even have the time to run away from you. The Dexas dog paw washer is portable and can fit in any average-sized bag, plus it is 100% dog safe.
A silicone cup that looks like a mug. With a handle and an attached lid on the side, this product’s design is a smart solution for impatient dogs and first-time pet owners. It comes in three sizes and colors and has multi-layered silicone bristles. The Paw Plunger is an excellent pet foot washer. It protects from bacteria and paw infections without spilling a drop of water in your house.
The Paw Plunger is available in four sizes and colors. What improves the cup’s stability is the side handle, which makes it look like a coffee mug.
The Plunger comes with an attached lid to keep the gadget clean and sterilized for further use. Also, it has soft rubber bristles and a flexible top for easy paw insertion.
Overall, it’s an excellent muddy wash cleaner. It can remove salt, dirt, and other harmful bacteria from your dog’s paws. You need to pour water up to the first row of bristles, put your dog’s foot in, and move gently up and down. Repeat the steps for each paw and dry them with a clean towel.
- Comes with a lid for extra protection
- Multi-layered silicone bristles
- Has a handle
- Three sizes and four colors
- Portable and easy to use
- The handle makes the product more stable
- Wide opening for easy paw insertion
- Takes off stubborn dirt
- The lid prevents water from spilling
- Portable and easy to use
- The rubber part in the opening can be stiff
Why we choose this product: It’s great if you struggle with stability while cleaning your pet. Also, this dog paw washer cup comes with a lid, so you can put water in it in advance, without worrying about it spilling into your bag.
The Idepet paw washer comes in a single piece made of silicone with soft brushes inside. It could be the best paw cleaner for dogs because it doubles as a bathing brush. It easily removes any dirt, salt, and mud. Also, like a brush, it’ll make your dog’s fur soft and clean. It comes in three fun colors, and the fiber cloth is a handy addition.
This high-quality paw cleaner for dogs is made of silicone. Its bristles are strong enough to remove any dirt while providing maximum comfort for your dog.
The cup fits most breeds perfectly and comes in one piece, so you won’t waste time assembling pieces. Idepet also includes a cloth that you’ll find helpful after washing your dog’s paws. Plus, the price is affordable.
Idepet has a 2in1 design. It serves as a cleaner when the bristles are inside the cup and as a bathing brush when they’re outside.
The long brush will leave your dog’s feet spotless, offering a deep clean session with minimum effort. And the cup is so easy to use — just pour a little water, put the paw inside, and gently move up and down or circularly. Once it’s clean, gently dry it with a towel.
The Idepet dog foot cleaner is a life-saver for people with active dogs. Plus, it’s portable.
- 2in1 design
- Available in three colors
- Comes in a single piece with a towel
- Flexible design that fits most dogs
- 6.4 x 2.6 x 2.1 inches; 5.61 Ounces
- Cleaner and bathing brush in one
- Light-weighted and portable
- For dogs and cats
- Some customers complained about the size
- The rounded bottom can make the cup unsteady
Why we choose this product: The 2in1 design can save you money and space. Also, it’s easy to use and fits most breeds. The Idepet cup ensures perfectly clean dog feet. When you’re done, just pour the water out, rinse, and store it for the next time.
Yomaxer is made out of silicone and has a plastic handle on the side. The semi-automatic mechanism activates after pressing the handle. It comes in two sizes and colors, and you can use the removable bristle layer as a bathing brush.
If you want a next-level paw cleaner, the Yomaxer is the right choice. The cup is made of silicon, and its side handle is plastic.
This gadget is semi-automatic. By pressing the plastic handle, it can rotate to 360°. Also, the multiple layers of silicone bristles are removable, so you can use them as a bathing brush, too.
The Yomaxer paw washing cup comes in two sizes — small and medium. It’s crucial to purchase the right size for your dog, or the cup will be difficult to rotate. The washer removes all dirt and protects your dog from infections and skin conditions.
The cleaning process involves pouring water into the cup and gently pressing the handle to rotate. You don’t have to move your dog’s feet; the rotating bristles do the work. That’s why we love this product.
- Can be used as a cleaner and bathing brush
- Semi-automatic with 360° rotation
- Sizes S–M
- Available in pink and blue
- Forked brush design
- Easy to use and clean
- The semi-automatic mechanism lets you manage with one hand
- 2in1 product
- Deep cleaning paw scrubber with a silicone brush at the bottom
- Practical for apartments, vacations, and offices
- If the size doesn’t fit, it may not work great.
- You don’t have full control of the brushing force, so it may hurt your dog.
Why choose this product: One good reason to choose this product is its double-layered bristles — to the bottom and on the sides. It’s practical, and you can use it with one hand. With the Yomaxer automated dog paw washer, you don’t have to worry about missing a spot while cleaning your dog’s feet.
The Upskypet paw washer works well for medium-sized dogs. It comes in gray color, and it’s made of pet-friendly material. The silicone bristles can wash and massage your dog’s feet fast and thoroughly. Plus, the compact design is easy to carry. The Upsky device is an excellent solution for winter because it can remove stubborn dirt and snow in no time.
UPSKY’s pet grooming device will clean your dog’s paws and protect your home from stains and pollution. It’s made of high-quality silicone and comes in gray. The sophisticated design will fit perfectly in any home, and you can flatten it to save some space.
The silicone brush goes all along the inside of the cup, making the product an efficient paw cleaner and massager. It’ll remove mud, soil, dirt, and road salt from paws, and it’s suitable for every season.
All you have to do is put water in the device and move it up and down along the dirty paw. Repeat the process and dry with a towel afterward.
If you want the Upsky to last, you should take proper care of it. Luckily, this gadget is easy to maintain. Just unscrew the lid, remove the brush, rinse with warm water, and make sure it’s dry for your next grooming session.
- Made from environmentally safe material
- Perfect for medium-sized dogs
- Can be flattened to save space
- Efficient dog paw scrubber and massager
- 3.9 x 3.9 x 5.9 inches; 11.22 ounces
- Available in two colors
- Sophisticated design
- Easily removes salted grit and mud in harsh weather
- Space-saving and easy to clean
- Gives a gentle paw massage
- Takes some time to dry out entirely
- Not a good fit for larger dogs
Why choose this product: If you’re all about aesthetics and functionality, the Upsky fits the bill. The silicone bristles are gentle and will remove any dirt on the feet. Also, the inside is made of high-quality material that gives a tingling sensation, so you get washing and massaging with a single product.
This product will become a modern solution to your problems, with just a simple click of a button. The inside has 157 food-grade silicone brushes that rotate in two ways. This aesthetic washer is available in two colors and one size. That dual-speed enables thorough cleaning of mud, sand, and dirt.
Dogness is all about making things easy and practical. It comes in four colors with a USB cable and user manual. The cleaner has 157 food-grade soft silicone bristles, perfect for grooming and massaging. Also, you don’t have to worry about water splashing everywhere because the suction cup of this dog paw washer has a secure lid.
You can activate the two-way rotation with one button click. Also, a fully charged Dogness gadget can last up to 10 days. But before the first use, you should charge it for two hours straight.
You need to pour water and shampoo into the cup and place the paw inside before pressing the power button. That’s pretty much it because the automatic mechanism will do the rest for you.
The program is set with two gears. The first one is for basic cleaning, while the second is stronger and serves for deep dog foot wash. Either way, the Dogness is powerful enough to remove any stubborn dirt between your dog’s paw, fur, and nails.
The product is made of food-grade silicone material, and it’s easy for disassembling. To clean it, you should first remove the cover and the silicone brush pad. After that, you can directly wash the brushes to make them clean and bacteria-free for next time. It’s the best automatic dog paw washer you’ll ever have.
- Food-grade silicone brush
- 2000 mAh battery
- Suitable for small and medium-sized pets
- Four colors
- Dual speed and two-way rotation
- Splash-proof lid
- 7.09 x 4.33 x 4.29 inches; 1.37 Pounds
- Hands-free technology
- Easy cleaning and assembling
- Less stress on the dog
- The 157 silicone bristles efficiently remove dirt and bacteria
- Not a good fit for larger dogs
- Some customers complain about weak motor power
Why choose this product: It’s excellent for busy pet owners who want perfect dog foot cleaning in no time. The battery lasts for a couple of days, and there’s no splashing water and dirt out of the cup. Also, the two-way rotation will clean even the tiniest spots on your dog’s fee
The Bealy is made of high-grade plastic. It comes in two sizes and one color. It’s easy to use, and the design makes it even more practical. What`s more good about this product, is its low price and efficiency in cleaning dog paws.
If you’re looking for an affordable and functional product, Bealy offers a great dog paw cleaning solution. The washing cup is made out of solid high-grade plastic and comes in two sizes: small and large. The product serves well as a large dog paw cleaner, especially with breeds like German Shepherds, Huskies, and Bulldogs.
The Bealy cleaner is very easy to install and disassemble. It’s perfect for outdoor and indoor use. Plus, it’s so stable that you can use it with one hand only.
The Bealy cup cleans paws and claws safely and painlessly. It removes all the dirt and sand from your dog’s feet without damaging the skin and nails. Plus, your house can be clean and sparkly after every muddy adventure with your fur buddy.
- Blue-green color
- Petite and large size
- Lightweight and portable
- The small cup is perfect for a 1.5–2.3 inch wide dog foot
- A large cup is perfect for a 2.5–3 inch wide dog foot
- Made of high-gradable plastic
- Super affordable
- Easy to clean and store
- Easy to assemble
- Might melt under too hot water
- You can’t pour the dirty water out without taking all three parts apart.
Why choose this product: It’s affordable and easy to use. Also, the Bealy cup is a portable dog paw cleaner for outside and inside use. It easily removes salt, sand, and mud, protecting your home from footprints and bacteria.
The Doggie Dipper dog paw cup is a multifunctional product that offers washing and drying. It comes in red and in one size that fits all dogs. Plus, it’s portable and easy to use. Also, the translucent design shows how your dog’s feet get clean.
This dog feet cleaner is made of plastic, but the inside is filled with soft silicone bristles, perfect for your dog’s delicate paws. It effectively removes dirt, mud, melted ice, sand, and other harmful chemicals off your dog’s paws.
The Doggie Dipper is a pet paw cleaner with two functions: washing and drying. The gentle silicone bristles wash and scrub while the additional sponge layer dries off the paw.
The cup is easy to use. Just insert the dirty paw and move it vertically until it’s clean. In case the dirt doesn’t come off, you can use a gentle soap as an addition.
Doggie Dipper is available in one color and size, suitable for all dog breeds. It’s like a paw plunger for dogs because it sucks all the dirt. Plus, the unique design features a translucent bone that signals when the water turns brown.
- It can wash and dry
- Gentle silicone brush
- 6.6 x 6.1 x 6 inches; 1.35 pounds
- Can be used multiple times in a single filling
- The translucent design shows when the water is dirty
- Soft bristles
- You won’t need a towel as the sponge dries the paw
- Too heavy for carrying around
- Comes in only one size and color
- The drying sponge is very thin
Why choose this product: Its eye-catching design and soft bristles may turn the paw cleaning day into a real spa experience for your dog. Also, the Doggie Dipper cup is specially designed to wash and dry thanks to the foam layer installed inside the cup.
Pumpmate’s waterless formula is specially made for dogs that don’t like putting their feet in a cup and rubbing them against plastic brushes. It has a natural foamy texture that’s friendly. The silicone brush at the top is high quality and works well for every pet. Plus, you can use the shampoo for other body parts, too.
Pumpmate offers a waterless paw cleaner that’s nothing like silicon cup washers. It’s perfect for dogs who don’t like water. The miracle behind this product is its rotating silicone brush that will clean your dog’s dirty paws. Plus, the brush is removable, and you can wash it when it gets dirty.
The product offers a pet-friendly formula with natural ingredients and a rose scent. All you have to do is apply the foam to the paw and scrub it gently with the brush. As a bonus, you can use it to freshen your dog’s paws and body.
The Pumpmate waterless shampoo can be the best dog paw washer for hyperactive pups who don’t like their paws stuck in a cup with uncomfortable bristles.
- No-rinse solution
- Gentle brush that rotates 360°
- Natural, non-toxic formula
- 9.45 x 2.56 x 1.97 inches, 6.8 ounces
- Excellent for allergic dogs
- Easy to maintain
- Suitable for the body
- Some dogs and pet owners may not like the smell
- It works on mildly dirty paws
Why choose this product: The cleaner fits all dogs. Its rotating brush will gently rinse the dirt and salt, leaving a mild rose scent. What`s more to this product, is that you can carry the Pupmate dog feet cleaner everywhere, without worrying about water spilling and drying.
Pogi’s wipes are the ultimate eco-friendly solution for muddy paws. They’re practical and easy to use. Also, the wipes are vegan-friendly and haven’t been tested on animals. There are four packages containing 100, 120, 240, and 400 wipes. Also, you can use these wipes for every body part.
Another way to clean dog feet is by using wipes. Pogi’s grooming wipes are among customers` favorites and will perfectly clean your dog’s paws and other body parts as well. Plus, they’re hypoallergic and fragrance-free. Aloe vera, Hawaiian Awapuhi, and vitamin E are among the carefully chosen ingredients.
Pogi’s dog paw wiper is perfect for cleaning the dirt and making your dog’s feet smell fresh in no time. Plus, they’re eco-friendly and made from 100% bamboo fiber. The company offers four packages, with the smallest one containing 100 wipes. You can use Pogi’s wipes anywhere and anytime, with no additional supplies like water, a towel, or a cup.
- All-natural ingredients
- Made from 100% bamboo fiber
- Comes in packages of 100, 120, 240, or 400 wipes
- No stress on the dog
- No need for water or a towel
- Substitute for a quick bath
- You’ll have to buy new ones when they run out
- May not work for hard stains
- Bad packaging can easily dry out the tissues
Why choose this product: Using wet wipes is one of the easiest ways to clean your dogs` feet. All you need to do is take the package out and gently wipe the paws to get perfectly clean dog feet. They’re safe even for the most sensitive pups. Also, you can use them to wipe your dog’s face, coat, and bum.
Despite the general characteristics, a dog paw cleaner customer review can tell you a lot about the product.
What to Look for When Choosing a Paw Washer
Here are the best characteristics to look for while shopping for a paw washer:
- Size — Make sure to find the perfect fit for your pet. Some paw washers are available in only one size that supposedly fits all dogs.
- Portability — A portable paw washer is the most practical solution for your dog’s muddy paws.
- Color — If aesthetics are important to you, look for products with eye-catching colors and shapes.
- Material — Choose high-quality and eco-friendly materials.
Paw Washer for Dogs — What Is It and How it Works?
Paw washers are devices that clean your dog’s paws. They remove dirt, mud, and harmful substances from the feet, protecting your pet from infections. The paw washing device is usually manual or automatic.
Many of these cleaners have coffee mug designs, with layers of bristles inside the cup. You just have to put the dirty paw in the cup and wash it by making vertical and round movements against the bristles. Alternatively, some work automatically by pressing a button or a handle.
Here are some of the options available on the market today:
- Manual — Manual devices might be the best option. You have total control over the device and can feel best whether the pressure on your dog’s feet is causing them pain and discomfort.
- Automatic — The automated dog paw washer is an excellent solution for tech lovers and busy owners. It’s an escape from the traditional cleaning routine and can be very beneficial for dogs. But these devices usually don’t last a long time.
- Waterless shampoo — It’s easy, fast, and portable. Just squeeze out a little shampoo and use the paw scrubber to take off the dirt. Also, there’s no need for rinsing afterward, which is great news for dogs that don’t enjoy grooming time.
- Wipes — You can use them anywhere — on the road, at the office, or in someone else’s house. Wiping the paws will take off the dirt on the surface, but you’ll need a good old scrub for deep cleaning and disinfection. Because wipes are for gentle use, you can use them as a puppy paw cleaner without being afraid of hurting their fragile feet.
Keep in mind that different breeds have different needs. You can always switch from automatic to manual or vice versa, or use wipes and shampoo formulas. Also, you can even try different gadgets and products simultaneously, as long as it works for you and your pet.
Why Is It Important to Use a Feet Cleaner for Dogs?
The main reason for using dog paw cleaning gadgets is to keep your pet healthy and happy. Every other benefit will only make the grooming routine a more pleasurable experience for you and your dog. Here are a few:
- Simplify paw cleaning — Your dog can have perfectly clean paws in just a few minutes. It doesn’t have to be a time or energy-consuming task. Plus, with the portable options, you can clean your dog anywhere and anytime.
- Clean the paws thoroughly — By using paw washers for dogs, you can destroy the bacteria that cannot be seen with bare eyes.
- Keep dirt and bacteria away from your home — When dogs have healthy and clean feet, your home and family will be healthy and clean, too.
- Reduce the risk of infections — Using the right paw grooming tool will save you many vet checks, money, and time.
So, next time you go shopping for your dog grooming essentials, don`t forget to put the paw cleaner on your list!
Final Paw Wash Review
Dexas Mud Buster — Best overall
Paw Plunger — Best low-maintenance paw washer
Idepet Dog Paw Cleaner — Best budget-friendly device
Upsky Dog Paw Cleaner — Best design and efficiency
Dogness Automatic Dog Paw Cleaner — Best automatic paw cleaner
Bealy Paw Cleaner — Best functionality
Doggie Dipper — Best washing and drying gadget
Pupmate Waterless Shampoo — Best shampoo formula
Pogi`s Grooming Wipes — Best natural-ingredient wipes for dogs
Common Dog Paw Issues
The most common dog paw issues you shouldn’t take for granted are:
- Allergies — A sign of allergies in dogs is itchy, swollen, and red skin.
- Bacterial Infections — Another good reason you should get your dog a nice paw brush is bacterial infections. They can lead to more severe health issues and can become life-threatening.
- Blisters — These pockets full of fluid can be very painful for your dog and can affect its mobility.
- Dry or cracked paw pads — Pets are in direct contact with all surfaces so having clean paws is important for dogs and their well-being.
- Parasites — If you notice your dog coughing, vomiting, scratching, or losing weight, the likely cause is parasites. They can be easily transmitted through the paws and fur.
If you’ve already observed some of these symptoms, you should make a vet appointment as soon as possible.
Signs of Paw Issues
Dogs can’t tell us what’s hurting them, so it’s crucial to look out for the signs. The most common symptoms of paw issues include:
- Licking the paw — When dogs lick their paws, they try to ease some pain or irritation.
- Bleeding — Bleeding dog feet can be a sign of neglect. They require serious intervention because the skin around the paw is exposed to infections.
- Red and inflamed paws — When dogs have difficulty walking or running, they need extra care, which includes a dog feet cleaner, a good scrub, and plenty of rest.
- Bacterial and fungal infections — The most common dog paw infections include ringworm and yeast.
The right and proper care of your dog’s feet is essential. With time, patience, and the right cleaner, you can turn the puppy paw wash into a painless and bonding routine.
Tips for Keeping Your Dog’s Feet Clean
These tips and tricks will help you take better care of your dog’s feet:
- Check your dog’s feet frequently — A detailed routine check of your dog’s feet won’t hurt and can prevent further health issues. If you notice your pet has difficulty walking, your dog might need a good feet brush or nail trimming. We recommend researching and picking a good nail file for your dog. After all, It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Clean the paws well — Always make sure to follow the device’s instructions and dry the dog’s feet after washing.
- Groom your dog regularly — You don’t have to wait for the next scheduled grooming session. Just get a high-quality paw washer and grooming clippers for home use, and you’ll be good to go.
- Choose the best paw cleaner cup — The right tool makes the process a lot easier. It doesn’t matter if your dog is too big, small, hyperactive, or lazy. There’s a perfect paw washer for any pet.
Eventually, you’ll find what works best. The important thing is to notice serious paw issues on time and try to prevent them in the future.
Does It Really Work?
More than one positive dog paw washer review confirms that most tools work marvelously! By choosing the right type, size, and material, these puppy essentials can do wonders for your pet’s paws.
Alternatives & Additions to Your Dog’s Grooming Routine
Aside from a good dog paw washer, you can check out other smart and practical alternatives for the next grooming session.
A simple doormat, like Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Doormat on Amazon, can be of great help. This super absorbing mat is anything but ordinary. It’s perfect for rainy days when your dog isn’t patient enough for foot cleaning. Plus, it soaks water, dirt, and mud, and it’ll keep your home clean.
Another solution for maximum paw protection, especially in harsh weather, is waterproof dog boots. XSY&G Waterproof Dog Boots on Amazon are soft and weather-resistant. Also, they come in many sizes.
Paws are the body parts that are most exposed to infections and dryness. So it’s good to use products like Burt’s Bees Paw Lotion for Dogs on Amazon. It offers maximum hydration and soothes the skin. The best way to use this product is after a good dog foot wash.
Final Thoughts on Using a Paw Washer (+ Revealing Our Top Pick)
The ten most popular products on our list undoubtedly offer something for everyone.
But our absolute favorite is the Dexas Mud Buster, and we can easily proclaim it as the best dog paw washer for 2022. Our top choice has a sophisticated design and is made out of high-quality silicone and soft bristles. It’s practical and easy to maintain.
It doesn’t matter if you decide on washing cups, shampoos, or wipes. What matters is taking care of your dog’s paws regularly. That way, you’ll avoid many health issues, and your dog will be happy.
What kind of paw washer do I need?
It depends on your dog’s breed and size, but the best ones are made out of high-quality material and silicone bristles. Aim for a stable and practical product that doesn’t take too much space. The paw washer you choose must be good dirt, mud, sand, and salt remover. Also, while you use it, your dog should feel secure and enjoy the process.
How can I tell if my dog’s paws are infected?
If the paws are itchy, swollen, and red, your dog likely has an infection. In some cases, you might also notice a discharge from the paws, so keep an eye on the feet while you’re using the dog paw washer.
Can I use coconut oil for my dog’s paws?
Yes, coconut oil is great for your dog’s paws. It’s a natural ingredient that’s 100% toxic-free for dogs. Also, it can help soothe dry spots on your pet’s skin.